Saturday, June 11, 2011

One of those Days (several in a row)

The last few days have been rather hectic, my allergies have been giving me fits, my classwork has been interesting to say the least, and to top it all off I have wanted to scream at the significant other almost every time i have seen him.  This does not make for a calm atmosphere.  Meditation has helped but only until I step back to reality and see him again, or see popcorn scattered across the living room floor. 

The other day I was reading through some forums on Budget101, and came across a conversation on laundry and one way to eliminate fabric softener. Well needless to say, I was very interested.  While I love having laundry that smells wonderful out of the washer and a few days later as I step into the closet, I do not however, enjoy doubling the cost of detergent because the softener costs as much as detergent.  The discussion in particular was about using vinegar.  While vinegar won't make your laundry smell sweet, it will however, make it very soft. Just add 1/4 cup to the fabric softener ball, or however you would normally add softener.  I used it on our living room throws and was very pleasantly surprised, they didn't even smell slightly vinegary.

For dinner tonight, since I was in such a lovely adoring mood towards my family, we had BLT's, I was going through the freezer taking inventory ( grocery shopping next week for the month) and saw that we had about 7 lbs of bacon stored in 1 lb packages.  I cooked 3 in the oven, and have over half left for bacon and cheddar muffins, pre-cooked bacon, bacon bits for a salad, or whatever knowing my kids it will be used as a snack, just pop a piece in the microwave for a few seconds and munch.  Either way the homemade bread and bacon, lettuce and tomatoes went marvelously together.

I am currently baking batter wheat bread well making, its not in the oven yet.  As soon as it is in the pans, I will mix up a batter for a autumn breakfast bread.  Oats, raisins, maple flavoring, with a touch of honey for sweetness.  That's breakfast in the morning since he significant other said he wasn't worried about breakfast because he knew I wasn't going to be up to make them anything.  SO I will cook it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment